When we re-named our company Wize Commerce (the company was founded in 1999 as Nextag, LLC), some people got it and I’m sure some people did not. For the first ten years of our life, we were known for a single consumer site (Nextag.com) which, thanks to a remarkable core technology platform, grew quickly and became both profitable and large in the e-commerce field known as “comparison shopping”. Today, what was one site is now a network of sites around the world, and now we’re in the early days of using our software platform to boost the profit performance of third party customers. Thus, the new name is meant to reflect a company that has evolved dramatically over the last 10 years, and to reflect a broader mission for our technology and our team.
Before there was a Kayak for air travel comparison shopping, Nextag was there in “retail” comparison shopping and today millions of users can compare product details and prices across thousands of merchants and tens of millions of products. We don’t sell our own consumer products, instead, our sites and proprietary software drives sales to thousands of merchants—Amazon, Macy’s, Sears, and many many others—with the objective of providing them with the best ROI for their marketing spend.
What we’re good at, in other words, and what we believe our clients appreciate the most, is that across digital ecosystems and channels – from search, to social, to mobile and more- we know how to make money for merchants better than anyone, and we pass that value onto them.
The re-naming of our company to Wize Commerce came from the recognition that we not only own and operate a number of sites in addition to Nextag (with more to come), but we have begun to make our software platform available to other e-commerce companies to improve their own retail performance – across all digital channels with virtually no integration requirement.
Introducing the Wize Commerce Shopping Network
Over the past few years we’ve been building (or acquiring) a diverse network of shopping sites that keep us current on the full range of e-commerce competencies and business models worldwide. The result for us has been a more robust technology platform, and frankly more fun for our team. The result for our clients has been simple – access to more markets, more channels, more customers and more tools to engage and market to these customers.
Here are a few examples and we’ll be ready to talk about more over time:
- Nextag remains our flagship site and a powerhouse in its own right as the #1 independent comparison-shopping site in the U.S. with over 30 million monthly visitors and generating over $1B in retail sales per year. The site generates huge revenue volumes from search, social, retargeting, and mobile. One of its unique features is that it incorporates extensive optimization, personalization, and recommendation tools to support our customers’ objectives.
- guenstiger.de is one of the largest price comparison websites in Germany and a well-known brand in the most quality and value-focused marketplace in Europe. guenstiger.de has the most direct-nav traffic, we believe, of any independent comparison shopping site in the Europe and the U.S.
- Preissuchmaschine.de is one of Europe’s most successful shopping portals providing consumers in Germany, Hungary, Poland, Austria, and Switzerland with price-focused optimizations that are a complement to guenstiger.de.
- Testeo.de is a fully functioning product review site for the German marketplace.
- Nextravel is a travel Silhouette™ site which utilizes the world’s largest and best-priced inventory selection from mega online travel company, Priceline, in conjunction with the Wize Commerce leading edge traffic acquisition platform.
- Fansnap is the leading ticket comparison-shopping site, displaying 19+ million tickets to 70,000+ events.
- Calibex is a Silhouette of the full Wize Commerce platform, where we focus on seller quality optimizations as a means to satisfy shopper intent and maximize merchant performance.
We will be adding new sites to the Shopping Network in the coming year. As we do so we can help more merchants reach and target more customers more effectively than ever before. Stay tuned and thank you for your interest in our company.
Contact us to learn more about how the Wize Commerce can help your business thrive.